2016-2017 SDLA Committees
Auditing - This committee consists of two members that audit the SDLA books each year. Members serve two year terms.
- Laura Olson, Chair (17)
- Steve Johnson (18)
Bylaws & Procedures - A committee consisting of two ex-officio members; the Recording Secretary and Executive Secretary Treasurer (EST)
Children's Book Awards Committee
- Katherine Eberline, Chair (18)
- Diane Althoff (18)
- Dee Dee Whitman (17)
- Korey Erickson (19)
- Amanda Jenson (19)
- Kathleen Bergeson (19)
- Ashley Cortney (18)
- Donna Johnson (17)
- Diane Broksieck (17)
- Julie Jordre (17)
- Vickie Neuman (17)
- Jenelle Kirchoff (18)
- Jasmine Rockwell, SDEA Liason
Finance & Membership - This committee keeps track of SDLA's budgetary process with each administration, and promotes membership among individuals and institutions. Committee consists of three members; VP/President Elect (chair), President, and EST.
- Mary Francis, VP (18) - Chair
- Danielle De Jager-Loftus, President (17)
- Stephanie Brewer, EST
Intellectual Freedom – This committee deals with censorship issues, including challenges to library materials as well as Internet issues. Three members serve overlapping three year terms.
Library Issues - The committee informs the membership of issues that affect the status of libraries and librarians. This includes keeping current on legislative matters. The committee consists of ten members representing the state's ten geographic areas. Each member serves a three year term.
- Raven Christman (18) Area 1 (Legislative districts 28, 28A, 28B, 29, 31, 34)
- Doris Ann Mertz (18) Area 2 (Legislative districts 30, 32, 33, 35)
- Freya Simpson (18) Area 3 (Legislative districts 21, 24, 26, 26A, 26B, 27)
- Kristin Echtenkamp (19) Area 4 (Legislative districts 1, 2, 3, 23)
- Nita Gill (19) Area 5 (Legislative districts 4, 5, 7)
- Amber Wilde, Chair (19) Area 6 (Legislative districts 8, 20, 22 )
- Lindsay Reuer (19) Area 7 (Legislative districts 9, 10, 25)
- Steve Johnson (19) Area 8 (Legislative districts 6, 12, 13)
- Marsha Stacey (19) Area 9 (Legislative districts 11, 14, 15)
- Susie Lippert (19) Area 10 (Legislative districts 16, 17, 18, 19)
Nominating - The Nominating Committee shall submit a slate of two candidates for each office to be filled and shall secure the candidates' consent to stand for election. Four members serve two year overlapping terms.
Professional Development Grants - The committee reviews applications and selects recipients for available SDLA grants and scholarships. Three members serve overlapping three year terms.
Public Relations - Promotes the Association throughout South Dakota by issuing press releases about Association activities or achievements, and administers the annual awards of the Association. Five members serve three year terms.